Thread: Depression?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
(female)

ires HB User
Re: Depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post
hi there welcome to the board and first let me say please don't apologize!! its what it is here for. To vent, talk, whatever. I have problems with depression and it sounds like me you are having a bit of it as well. Not sure of your age there may be some hormones playing in there too.

and about your parents, is there one that your closer to than the other? maybe you could try talking to that one? Don't be embarrassed please. Its a chemical thing in the brain. You might just need to go see someone, get evaluated and maybe everything is fine (I'm no dr.).

Do you have a part time job? That may help, keeping busy helps. Or even volunteering. My son did some volunteer work w/ the rescue squad, hated hated the idea of it at first, fought me tooth and nail I'm telling ya. But once
he got into it he LOVED it. Stayed with it for 4 yrs. He also did volunteer work at a local hospital one summer before that. didn't like that as much to be honest.

Let me know what you decide to do, ok? Cathy
Thank you so much! : ) I am seventeen this year. It's not that I'm embarrassed to talk to my parents but... I don't know. I don't want this to blow up, and they do tend to overreact.

I don't have a part time job but I do volunteer work 3 times a week. I always suspected that the main source of my feelings of worthlessness came from the commitments I have/should have - good grades, good portfolio etc. - and I don't think I'm the type for it, so it simply perpetuates into a vicious cycle and I have no idea how to stop it.

Thank you again (: You have no idea how much this means.

The following user gives a hug of support to ires:
Phoenix (10-02-2012)