View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

fuzzykitten HB User
Post op frustration

Hi,

I've been silently reading everyones posts since just before my Brostrom Gould repair 5 weeks ago. I haven't really got anything useful to add or any questions so haven't posted before now. I still don't really- but I thought I would given my long-suffering husband a break and moan on here instead!

I really have no reason to complain - I have had minimal to no pain since day 1. I am still in a cast so have no idea if it has worked or not but so far have not had any complications. I have an amazing husband who has been doing a great job of looking after me with only the occasional complaint.

Yet despite this I just feel completely frustrated, fed up and miserable. I have some exams at the end of the month and thought I would have this amazing advantage as everyone else is having to work and study. But I seem to be able to concentrate for a maximum of 5 minutes at a time (and I haven't taken any pain killers since day 2 so I can't blame them!). I miss being outdoors and exercising. I miss feeling useful and appreciated. I even miss cleaning the house - not that I ever did much of that anyway!

I know from reading other peoples threads that I don't have it half as bad as most of you and probably just come across as whiney. Sorry if I do! I was just hoping someone out there might be able to relate.

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: fuzzykitten
AdkLizard46 (10-03-2012), ginger62 (10-03-2012), Hollywood48 (10-03-2012), LadyKanner (10-03-2012), twohands (10-02-2012)