View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Post op frustration

**Hugs** to you, fuzzykitten!

Dealing with a long recovery can be very frustrating, and I've found people who haven't experienced it before aren't very understanding or supportive, so I'm really glad you're venting on here.

I've had 9 surgeries in just over 4 years (most have been spine surgeries), and just had an ankle surgery. It's healthy for you to reach out to others who have been there and understand just what you're going through and feeling.

I also struggle with not physically being able to do what I used to. I've ended up on SSDI in the process due to my limitations. We all need to feel useful and needed, and I would encourage you to find something you are able to do that fills that void for you, even if it's less than you were able to previously do. A positive outlook goes a very long way!

Regarding inability to concentrate, that's common after having surgeries. Some things that may help this are caffeine, exercise (arm exercises can still get your heart rate up a bit and get your blood flowing), and eating healthy.

Keep in mind that you will recover and be active again soon enough so that you can enjoy the outdoors and other things you are now missing.

Best wishes to you, and keep in touch with your progress!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
fuzzykitten (10-03-2012), LadyKanner (10-03-2012)