View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

chrisdsd1 HB User
Re: Endo Cancer. Waiting for surgery

Mary, I was in your shoes in July. I just had my surgery last week and I am doing great. I see you live in Eastern US, I live in Pa.I had my surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown by a Gynocologist/Oncologist. It was a Robotic assisted surgery and my recovery was really quick. Don't feel like you always have to be strong, believe me I did have my days when I would crash and burn. When the scans were done to find out if the cancer had spread, it was found that the uterine cancer did not but it was discovered that I have lymphoma. I was prescribed Ativan which helped me tremedously. I will say that the cancer diagnosis has changed me, but believe it or not it is for the better. You can do this and it will get better and you will get stronger. At first I could not even say the word cancer, but I am no longer afraid of it. The first time I went to my appt with the Gynocologist/Oncologist I began to cry as I walked in to the Cancer Center. So much has changed since then, you will see it will get better.One thing I realized is that a cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence. There are so many people that have been cured or are living with and managing their cancer. It was also very hard for me to tell my adult son because he has a family of his own and I felt I did not want him to worry about me or be a burden to him. I wish you the very best on your surgery and hope you have a recovery that was as easy as I did. If you have any other questions, please just ask.