View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Pain in my urethera

Sorry I missed your posts lately. I'm glad you are feeling better! If symptoms do return, The fluid from the prostate for culturing bacteria is obtained by massaging the gland as part of the rectal exam and using a swab to collect the fluid that is discharged from the urethra at tip of penis. In an uninfected gland this shouldn't really be painful, but when the gland is infected, it can be uncomfortable just like pressing on any other infected tissue. A rheum condition is a rheumatological condition like rheumatoid arthritis, but there are some different ones that can cause urethritis and/or prostatitis in men, like Reiter's syndrome (reactive arthritis), Behcet's disease (very rare). Keep in mind too that if the infection recurs and it truly is an infection, antibiotics will be needed. But as for priorities, it is betternto deal with a fungal skin infection (not serious but annoying) than to end up with chronic prostatitis that never goes away. An hour a day of bike riding is certainly enough to cause pressure on the perineum (part between scrotum and rectum). This puts pressure on the prostate gland too. I would invest in a bike seat that has the center ridge hollowed out and a good pair of riding shorts with chamoise (sp?)
crotch padding for cushioning and absorption of moisture. Will help both prostate and prevent fungal infections, which thrive in warm moist areas.