View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Post op frustration

Thanks for your concern, fuzzykitten!

After all my spine surgeries, my latest lumbar MRI shows I have a lot of scar tissue in my spinal column area plus scar tissue encasing nerve roots. The result is I have chronic sciatica down my left leg. I've already had some of the scar tissue cut out and it has just grown back. It's been suggested that I consider a pain pump or spinal cord stimulator, but I'm not ready for that step yet mentally. I guess I have to be thankful that my ankle problems are also located on the left side.

I'm viewing my ankle problem as a very unwelcome nuisance at this point, and really hope I don't have the same problems with complications with my ankle as I have had with my back.

In any case, I've found that being in pain and having physical limitations doesn't mean life has ended by any means. It means that there are wonderful opportunities in life to yet discover!