Thread: Synovial Cyst
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Synovial Cyst

[QUOTE=teteri66;5066718]A synovial cyst is not connected to a gland...it is usually a bi-product of arthritic changes in the facet joint... it is a fluid-filled sac that develops as a result of degeneration in the spine... so it isn't really a matter of going in and removing all of it...This is one reason why spinal synovial cysts are difficult to manage.

A small sac forms and it fills with fluid -- sometimes they just try to aspirate it, but it almost always refills. Removing it is the way to go. Hopefully, it will turn out to be the pain generator and not the arthritis itself.[/QUOTE]

well I know that mine was not connected to the spine it was to the right side of the spine about an inch away. and I know they took out the whole thing so that it coudln't come back. Aspiration was not a choice because they said it would come back unless they removed the whole thin g.