Thread: Decision Time
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Edify Edify is offline
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Edify HB User
Re: Decision Time

I saw a neurosurgeon on Monday, for a second opinion. After reviewing MRI / X-rays, examination and discussion he agreed with the first surgeon in that surgery might be necessary, but he suggested waiting at least until the end of the year or until my pain level reaches a point that I decide for myself that surgery is my only remaining option. His strategy is physical therapy and steroid injections. (L4/L5/S1) I have my first PT session today and I will see the pain management doctor on the 25th. I wanted to put a little space between the two events so I can judge for myself which has the most effect or if neither has any effect. Has anyone gone this route and found that surgery was no longer needed? Has this route allowed anyone to put off surgery for a few years?