View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Elevation questions post PTTD surgery

Hey all,
I'm currently 10 days post op. My surgeon's office is closed for the holiday weekend and I had a couple of general questions (cuz I don't remember any of the post op conversation...imagine that!).
How long does "toes above the nose" apply? I've heard 5 days, 10 days, 14 days... Is it as long as possible with a minimum? And just keep it level the rest of the time?
Regarding sleeping. I start out with it elevated, and try to keep it that way if I wake up during the night, but lately have been waking in the morning with it on the mattress. Again, is it just as much as possible? It doesn't bother me to have it level the way it did the first week.
Getting my splint off Monday here at my local ortho office (they didn't do the surgery which is why I'm asking ?'s here).
Tomorrow will my 5 day anniversary of no falls off the scooter! Yay!
Thanks, Happy Columbus Day weekend to all! Hopefully, some of you are mobile and will have a real day off.
Ginger