View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
(female)

Smokey2065 HB User
Re: Need Help decided what to do and understanding results

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
Smokey - I will give you a detailed reply, but can you tell me what part(s) of that you don't understand? Also, what are you symptoms now, and what were they back in 2008 when the first MRI was done?
The 1st MRI was in 2006 when I had started with numbness down my left arm.

I wear a soft collar at night. The worst pain is in my shoulder. I have very limited ROM of my neck. I do not really understand the terminology in te report,
1 Surgeon wants to operate and do a fusion and another says wait until the my symtoms gets worse. I am going to my Neurologist next week , what should I be asking him.....

MRI OF THE CERVICAL SPINE:

There is straightening of the physiological lordosis with a partial kyphosis at C4-C5. There is a pseudolisthesis C2-C3, C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6, likely related to degenerative changes.

There are anterior and posterior osteophytes.

Mild irregular aspect of the different endplates more evident on the inferior C6.

No significant abnormalities on bone marrow signal of the cervical spine vertebral bodies noted.

Unremarkable craniocervical junction, C1-C2 and C2-C3.

C3-C4: There is a mild uncal disk arthrosis with posterior osteophytes causing borderline narrow spinal canal and mild right neural foraminal stenosis.

C4-C5: Moderate uncal disk arthrosis with anterior and posterior osteophytes causing mild spinal stenosis and moderate to severe right and moderate left neural foraminal stenosis. The cord appears deformed with a slight decreased anteroposterior diameter. No clear evidence of myelopathic changes associated.

C5-C6: Moderate uncal disk arthrosis with large anterior and posterior osteophytes causing moderate spinal canal stenosis. The cord appears deformed, decreased in anteroposterior diameter with slight hyperintense signal, left lateralized. This may represent myelopathic changes.

There is a severe left and moderate to severe right neural foraminal stenosis may cause impingement of the exiting nerve roots.

C6-C7: Mild to moderate uncal disk arthrosis with left posterolateral osteophyte causing mild left-sided spinal canal stenosis. No cord compression noted. There is a moderate to severe left neural foraminal stenosis may cause impingement of the exiting nerve root. There is a mild right neural foraminal stenosis.

C7-T1: Mild degenerative changes affecting mostly the facet joints causing mild left neural foraminal stenosis. The spinal canal and right neural foramina are within normal limits.

IMPRESSION: Multilevel degenerative changes more evident at C4-C5, C5-C6 and lesser degree C6-C7. Possible myelopathic changes at C5-C6. Multilevel neural foraminal stenosis as described.