View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: The one single thing I most regret and miss ....

Luau, I think that goes for any loved one with cognitive impairment. How I wish I could have a conversation with my Mom. I have so much right now I would like to tell her and hear her comments. I do tell her... but I know she doesn't understand and can not comment on what I say. She just looks at me with that blank look or gives me back garble. It's not a spouse but I do get it.

A support group is a great idea. There are groups sponsored by the Alzheimer's Association that are specific to caregivers of spouses. You can look online or call the national hot line to find a group in your area. I know for a fact that not all caregivers in these groups are specific to care of those with Alzheimer's. They include all dementia and cognitive impairment. The cause and diagnosis may be different but the effects on relationships, the need for information, and the need for support is the same. It is worth a try

Love, deb