View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
(female)

dawnk122 HB User
Any possibility of being lupus?

Hi, I have been having problems with my eyes. I have had at least a few vision blackouts anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes at a time, and now my vision is getting really blurry at night. I've also been getting swollen eyelids which my psychiatrist attributed to a reaction to an increase in my Lamictal dose. I have diabetic retinopathy already so I went to my eye doctor. He sent me to another eye doctor who is now ordering lupus tests and a transesophageal echocardiogram. The echo is to see if there are any holes in my heart. Thing is I had a triple bypass last year, and I really think they would have found anything like that then.

Anyway, I am not sure why my doctor is running lupus tests. I never would have thought this was lupus. I have so many health issues as it is, it just never even occurred to me. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, hypothyroidism, mild kidney disease, bipolar disease, diabetic neuropathy. I have had surgery on my left shoulder for a tear in my rotator cuff so that still hurts all the time, even 2 years later. I get unexplained muscle weakness which my doctor sent me to a neurologist a couple of years ago for and they tested for MS which I don't have, but I do have a lot more plaque on my brain MRI then he would have expected. I have a herniated disk in my neck, and quite a few other things wrong with me. I take 18 different medications.

Does any of this sound like it could be lupus? I keep thinking that the diabetes could cause all of these issues as well since it is also an autoimmune disease. My weight could be a big contributor as well. I am 5'2" and weigh 215 lbs. My BMI is something like 41. Anyway, please help. I would like some answers... any answers.

Thanks,
Dawn