View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: I messed up and not sure what to do?

I am just offering different thoughts/suggestions based on what you wrote.

You had written the word "addicted"..(I was only quoting you)....so I was asking questions if you have ever taken more than prescribed or done other things...

If not, then that word doesn't apply to you.

I sense that you are angry but I, and others who take time to read your message and reply are just trying to help based on what you wrote.

I'm letting you know what it is going to look like on your medical record and to other Drs.

The Drs, the state, and the DEA take opiate medication very seriously and every Dr. is under pressure to explain the actions of their patients.

Unfortunately you broke the contract and are now in this position and have to go from here.

I am trying to explain that most every Dr. is going to suggest a nerve pain medication over an opiate for nerve pain. If you tell a Dr. that the only med you want to take for your pain is an opiate....that is going to raise a red flag.

Again..I'm trying to tell you what it's like from their point of view.

All you can do now is try to find another Dr. and go forward. My main point is that no matter what the pain issue....there is so much more to chronic pain management than just an opiate or medication in general.

There is daily exercise, physical therapy, acupuncture, massage, ice, heat, injections, biofeedback, TENS unit, aqua therapy, counseling, etc.

I've been in PM for 11 years now with too many surgeries to count including 3 major cervical fusions, knee surgeries, foot surgeries, lap surgeries, a fun brain tumor. So...I empathize with pain...

I'm trying to help based on what information you provide us. I do wish you luck..