View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Re: Elevation questions post PTTD surgery

Hey Bonnie! I understand the whole anxiety thing. It's good that you have a surgery date. It gives you a timeline and a deadline. Just don't put things off til the last minute. My surgery got moved up 10 days and if I hadn't gotten things ready early...
The surgery isn't painless, but roll up a months worth of bad days into 48 hours. Once I got over that hump it was very manageable (with pain meds, I ain't gonna lie).
I didn't spend any time in the hospital after surgery and was home within 24 hrs. I live alone and it's doable but not ideal. I think I overdid it big time in the first few days. If your husband or someone else can be with you, just so you're not constantly up and down every time you think of something. A knee walker is invaluable in my opinion...and a seat riser for the potty.
I'm getting unstitched and booted Monday. The plan now is 8 weeks total NWB, working into PWB then FWB over the next month with PT after that.
At this point I'm very glad I did it. I wouldn't want to have spent another year dragging my leg around. We will see what the next couple of months brings!
Best of luck to you! Don't be afraid to ask questions either!