View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: The one single thing I most regret and miss ....

Luau, call the all knowing neurologist that declared her ok and give him a list of current concerns. If the situation warrants... call 911 and have her transported for evaluation. Please do not let the antics of evil Lucy twin take YOU back to the CCU! Please....

I understand our wish to make it right, fix it, do more than we can do... and that wish can destroy our health. I have said before.... there are TWO in this equation and there is no one more important than the other. Actually the caregiver has to take care of themselves first to be able to take care of the loved one. So taking care of you is for you but it is also for her.

It's a sorry second but we are here....

The place you are right now is the place I found the most difficult. It's the not knowing, dealing with what you know but don't know, and not being able to lean on the very person you need to lean on because they are the problem. It's that muddled middle ground between normal and what will come. Hang in there, take care of yourself, and know this is not forever....

Love, deb