View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: The one single thing I most regret and miss ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luau View Post
Thanks for your support, Nina and Deb! After the relative tranquility of the past couple months, the nasty evil twin has swapped places with the happy Lucy. Once upon a time when I had a conflict, I turned to Lucy for comfort and talk. This time, it is Lucy herself. This period is going to be ugly to the extreme, probably worse than any other previous periods. I better get my cardiologist to up my blood pressure med.
Luau, I guess this is the time for Lucy to be suspicious? Anything you do is not right for her? I guess it is the time when she is not very sick and yet she is confused and questions everything... Is it possible to get some antipsychotic drug or some anti-depressants? She may need some med. But the doctor has to see how sick she is.
My late FIL was not easy either but the caregivers devoted their time to please him so they also had a thing or two from him. Once he was outside in the front door telling everyone he was "kidnapped" or something. The caregiver had to be with him. Someone even told her to get a chair for him to sit outside. I guess this is not just about earlier stage. My late FIL did it all the time with moderate stage which takes a long time. He was confused. He even packed the old briefcase with some old books and waited for my husband to "pick him up" but we left his house already. The caregiver just let him be.

Maybe it is time to get someone to help out so you get to have a break.

Regards,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 10-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.