View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
(female)

Pikel HB User
Re: Understanding my dads blood test results.

Yeah cheers. Im not actually stressing my self, its more a case of stressing because he's panicking. Ive dont a lot of research on both cholesterol and statins, and we would both do anything to avoid statins. But you know how it is with a certain generation of parents, they believe that if they dont do what the doctors tell them, the doctor will never help them again.

Thank you so much for your reassurance. He is back to exercising again and eating more foods with high HDL to try and increase the levels whilst lowering his LDL. I think the only thing thats been wrong is the attitude of the doctors. They told him it was hereditary without any more than just that one blood test. They said he needed to start stating with urgency and it scared the living daylights out of him.

Thank you so much for your support and advice. It was the course I/we were going to take anyway, but its nice to have someone a little more in the know to say that they felt its only a matter of dietary tweaking.

Big love from us both. I hope all is good for you in the future also. You are a kind person to have given your time to help me. x