View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

kathy0330 HB User
Re: In need for some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrywart6 View Post
My doctors just recently talked about going through surgery because of the symptoms i have been having, which are heart problems and having a hard time with breathing. They basically told me its my only option, but since Im in high school still Im not sure if I should wait or not. The surgery really scares me so I think im going to take some time to think it over. Thanks for the help.
I have scoliosis and osteoporosis. I was told to be aware of having trouble breathing. I would be a sign that it was time for surgery. I was 58 years old at the time, but in good physical shape for my age. I had the surgery, and am thankful for it. My rib cage was pulled back so my lung cavity would have the space, once more. At your age, the healing should be simple, compared to my one year of recovery. Allow your lungs the space they need, and prevent your body from becoming more restricted. I had a total fusion of the spine, with hooks and pulleys to straighten me up, then came the titanium rods. I am happy to say that I am able to function normally. I orthopedic doctors!