View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
(male)

tankw HB User
Re: Hypothyroid medication help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie19 View Post
Hi, this is my first post so I hope this is ok.

The T3 drug available in Australia is called Cytomel (Liothyronine). I have been taking Cytomel for 2 months along with 75 mcg Thyroxine. Although I am not at optimum yet I am feeling much better.

My original dosage was 100 mcg Thyroxine only, I did not feel well and my t3 was 4.3. The doctor said my TSH of 0.7 and T4 of 18 was fine, but I did not feel well. I went to another doctor who reduced the Thyroxine to 50 mcg and added Cymotel 20 mcg. After 6 weeks I still didn't feel right, my T3 levels had not increased so the thyroxine was increased to 75 mcg. At first I always feel good when my dosage is increased but then slip back a bit after a few weeks. I have also started a gluten free diet and am finding that helpful, I am not so tired in the afternoons which is a bonus.

I hope you feel better soon, sometimes you just need a good doctor who will listen to you and who knows about thyroid conditions.

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I think I need to go to your doctor. I went yesterday to my doctor complaining again of my symptoms to which he suggested I do yoga.

I too have started a gluten free diet to see if that helps also. I truly wish doctors had a better understanding of thyroid issues. Thank you again for responding your post has been most helpful.