View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Weird bowel issue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo47 View Post
Hey,

I'm 21 years old, relatively healthy. I don't smoke and I rarely drink! However for the past month or so, I'm having the odd occurrence of bright blood on my tissue paper after using the toilet. This only happens once every other week and sometimes it stops all together.

My stool feels very hard and it causes me some pain once passing. This is when the blood usually occurs. Could anybody give me some idea of what this is? And how to go about dealing with it. As I said, it really feels like I'm re-opening a scab due to the stopping and starting of blood occurrence!!

Many thanks,
Ryan
It sounds like you may have an anal fissure. Having large dry hard stool and straining will cause this to happen. The best thiing you can do is to drink more water and eat a high fiber diet to keep you regular and your stool soft enough to pass without opening up the fissure again.