View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User
Re: Cousins wedding tomorrow & bleeding terrible! HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I get frustrated with doctors who insist on treating bleeding fibroids with BC pills. Because the fact of the matter is, sooner or later if you've been bleeding long enough those iron pills you're taking twice a day will not be enough to catch up with your blood loss.

I had abdominal surgery to remove mine which was the size of a grapefruit by the time they took it out. I have an 8 inch vertical scar that starts at my belly button but at least the fibroid is gone. In my case the procedure you're talking about wasn't going to work for me so it wasn't an option. I can't speak for how many you might have or how big they are but I had one big one that needed to come out.

Since you're already feeling weakness you really need to get a blood count done. Its so extremely important to monitor that when you have a fibroid. I can't express to you how important it is. For your own sake, go get a blood count done so you can find out your hemoglobin level. Mine was 6. Normal is between 13-16 so you can see how far mine had fallen. It really sneaks up on you if you don't keep an eye on it so go find out and at least then you will know how serious of a situation it is for you. It concerns me greatly that you say you're already feeling weak. That's a bad sign when you've had as much blood loss as what you have said.
Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm going to look up where I can go get this done right now. I really do apperciate your help!!

No34evr can you tell me why I shouldn't be taking the aspirin or ibuprofen? This make me wonder because during the week I did have a bad cold so I took Aleve D for colds twice last week and I just looked and it has 220mg of Ibuporfen in it ":0X could this be why I was bleeding so badly? Also does anyone know is coughing could have causes one of the fibriods to degenerate?
Thank you guys so much!