View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
(male)

Cfrost7 HB User
Lightbulb Pain after Microdisectomy? Any help appreciated!

I am new to this board! I will try to make this as short as possible! I herniated my L5/S1 disc weightlifting ~6 months ago. I dealt with on and off severe sciatica in my left leg. The pain would get intense if I stood or walked for a few minutes.I tried PT, chiropractic care, epidural injections and just resting, but nothing really helped. Being 29 and very active prior to the injury, I was becoming frustrated and depressed over this. I saw a well respected neurosurgeon in the area, went for an MRI, and after looking at the results, it was clear I needed a microdiscectomy.

I had the microdiscectomy 4 weeks ago. At first it was amazing, no pain immediately after the surgery. About a week ago I started to have sciatic pain in the upper part of my left leg return, however it was about 1/5th of what the pain was like. Since then it has slowly increased, and I am pretty concerned my sciatica is returning. I have a follow up appt 2 weeks, but I am wondering if I just contact the doctor now regarding this?

Has anyone on here had any experience with microdiscectomy surgery? What was post op like? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance