View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
(male)

yodachoda HB User
How to get doctor to prescribe Ambien?

Hi, so I recently quit cocaine and need something new to try to get high. JK. I have insomnia, and have had it for about a year now.

I've tried many many different things to get to sleep better. I've tried the following: Melatonin pills, buying a new foam pillow, avoiding screens hours before bedtime, exercising, avoiding caffeine 14 hours before bedtime, valerian root. Some of them worked a little bit (such as exercising). Most had no effect.

Something to note: I don't dream! I had like maybe 6 dreams in the past 3 years. I was shocked when I recently learned that most people dream every night.

So the other day, I tried half a pill of ambien which I borrowed from my mother. Results: It knocked me out within 10 minutes and I quickly fell into a deep sleep. I dreamed for the first time in a LONG time that night. I woke up about 5 hours later and was able to sleep but kind of poorly for the rest of the night. The next day, I felt like my normal self. I felt more alert and refreshed than I have at anytime in the past few years.

Since then, I've gotten a prescription from a doctor but it's for rozerem. So far, the stuff seems to have little effect. I'm still not dreaming. So even though I got only 5 hours of sleep with Ambien, I felt far more refreshed and in a better mood the next day compared to getting 9 hours of sleep with rozerem or 9 hours of sleep without any medications.

How can I get my doctor to prescribe Ambien?