View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

angmerca1 HB User
herniated disc L5 S1

Hi to all;
Im a 41 year old woman very active person work out, hard working person and normal social life . 2 Weeks ago was diagnostic herniated disc L5 S. I had lot of pain in my left leg all down to my toes getting numbness. I get very bad when I stay more than 5 hrs standing, Im working and a retail store as a Assistant store Manager all day walking, standing and bringing out merchandise. My Orthopedic doctor recommend surgery and he send me for physical theraphy I just when for my second day and it make fill better. But I basically been out from work in and out one week and half. My pain go away when Im seating and had very small discomfort when I sleeping. My therapist recommended sleep to my side and It work. Im very frustrated because my social life it getting push to the side. I basically go to work and come to home just to relax . And waiting for next day to come. Before I posted my info I'm reads a lot of other people to go with same problems. I just want to know if I should go for surgery? and if I don't with the years I will damage my nerve ?? I going back to my doctor in two week for surgery decicion need advice!