View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
(female)

Pipersmomma3 HB User
Re: In need for some help

Worry, I completely understand your confusion... when I had my first surgery I was 32, and have had 4 since 3 major 1 minor, all for my back issues. All I heard from everyone is oh ur much too young to be dealing with back issues for the rest of your life, blah blah blah... They of course didn't understand or get the whole situation of my back issues or diseases or disorders how ever you want to put it, any way make sure you take your time and if you are not sure get a second or even third opinion, if that is what will ease your mind. My fusion sergery was seccessful in the structure part of being "fixed" but the intense pain will always be there as I have severe sciatic pain and severe nerve damage from doctors whotold me it was all inmy head anddidn't properly treat me or my pain... but lesson learned for me... make sure you are completely comfortable with your doctor and thier opinion, but I would def get at least one other opinion to make sure that is what you need to do now at tis point in your young life!!! Goodluck to you and please keep us all posted...