View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Results of ANA Test, newbie need help

I would ditto what Vee said! Also one little clue in your other tests is that your neutrophils are a little high and lymphocytes a little low. Low lymphocytes is seen in lupus, and no one will make a bid deal about yours, but every clue counts in my mind when you are trying to figure something like this out. I would suggest you get the ANA rechecked at a time when you are feeling particularly bad. One of the diagnostic criteria for lupus is a positive ANA on two or more occasions. next time it may be higher and more meaningful to your Dr. Who will likely dismiss this one as borderline, so not very meaningful. I for one disagree with that thinking when someone is having symptoms that are suggestive. My first ANA was 1:40 and my second was 1:160. So I think the first one was meaningful even though low, and I had had symptoms of lupus for ten years before that ANA finally turned positive. Good luck and jet us hear back from you. All your other tests looked good. Have they checked a urine? That is important when consideringn lupus.

Last edited by ladybud; 10-09-2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Correction

The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
vryfunnygal (10-09-2012)