Thread: IVF at 40...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
(female)

Jules0301 HB User
IVF at 40...

Just wanted to put my story out there as no matter how much my friends and family are trying to be supportive, they just don't get it. The guilt of not being able to fall pregnant and all the emotions attached to it.

I am 40 years old and single. Past relationships are just that, in the past. I first started looking at IVF at 38 and getting all the tests and looking into the process so that I knew if it was right for me.

I am using donor sperm and that took 10 months just to wait for that.

So, now I am 40 and in the last 6 months have done 4 cycles. Today I discovered my 4th cycle did not work and I don't know where to go from here. I thought I would only ever do 3 cycles but even after 4, I can't see giving up.... well, just yet.

Fortunately, the actual process doesn't bother me. The days I don't need to take the needles feel weird now. (How sad is that?) It is just the emotions I go through when I find out I am not pregnant... makes me think I am not meant to me a mum... and that breaks my heart each time.

Anyway if there is anyone out there in a similar situation, I would love to hear from you. To those who have been successful, I wish you all the best with your little ones.