View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
(male)

Mud Flap HB User
Re: Things that might help your prostatitis....

That pillow tip is great - I'll definitely try that tonight. I'll give the sock a try too when I get the chance to buy some flaxseed.

Another thing about the decaf tea - believe it or not it still has a small amount of caffeine. Even the tiniest amount sets me off. Caffeine, alcohol spicy foods and chocolate all are inflammatory foods, although different people can handle them in different amounts. It took me a year to realize this. I can take a beer or two every month but don't push it more than that. I'll eat milk chocolate occasionally, and because it has a low cacao content and seems ok for me. For some people, citrus causes them problems, but that hasn't been an issue for me.

Herbal supplements never helped me - and I tried them all. I thought querectin might have worked for a while, but if it did originally it eventually stopped. Antibiotics really did work for about 3 months, but their effect wore off fast and I was left with candida.

Studies have shown that 40 minutes of fast walking three times a week really decrease the symptoms too. Exercise is key, because if your type of prostatitis is caused by bacteria, your body can help you fight it.

I ate nothing but fruit, vegetables and meat for one year and exercised regularly. My prostatitis disappeared and I felt great. I didn't get catch any colds either, and that is rare for me because I'm a teacher. Now, in the last year I have slipped back to my old eating habits, and the flare ups have been more common. I'm going back to the old diet soon I think. I felt a thousand times better, with tons of great energy. Its called the Paleo diet, if you haven't heard of it before. It helped with the candida too.

Its nice to have a thread on this site, with helpful lifestyle advice for dealing with this, that doesn't require lots of medication or expensive supplements.