View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: hip/groin pain-how much a hip x-ray can show ?

Sounds like you may have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and possibly bursitis in your hip caused by your spine.

I currently have this problem, had steroid injections in hips (both a problem) and physical therapy for 4 months. I can now walk better, still have aching lower back and hip pain plus pinched nerve in the left leg (worst).

I waited too long to see an orthopedic physician that specializes in hips, I was crying uncle and then some for relief! 6 months of extreme pain could have been avoided had I gone to an orthopedic physician earlier.

Our age is not our friend sometimes the lower spine becomes more narrow where the nerves go out to the hip and pinches the nerve.

My hip, groin, upper thigh was extremely inflamed. The steroid injection helped relieve the inflammation (not completely). My hips were so hot I thought you might be able to fry an egg!!

Physical therapy has helped a great deal. However, it is something I will have to cope with or have surgery and I don't want surgery.