View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: How to stop stomach spasms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugulimo View Post
I am an IBS / Gastritis sufferer. My stomach "flutters" from time to time and it feels like the heart is beating elsewhere and there is some kind of an earthquake going on inside. I've noticed this to happen after heavy meals at times. Besides taking light meals, is there anything that can help with this? It happens before I go to sleep at times and that means, I'll keep waking up. The body naturally doesn't allow you to sleep when the stomach is like this and even if you somehow fall asleep, it doesn't let you stay that way. I do take my meals 2-3 hours before sleeping. But even this doesn't help sometimes.

Any tried and tested methods are really appreciated.
Has your doctor ever suggested going on Bentyl ? It's an anti spamotic medicine that suppose to help slow down the colon spasms. Taking acidophilus either in pill form or in milk form helps as well as eating yogurt once a day.
Eating big meals high in fat,greasy,fried and really rich can make your colon overreact by going into spasms and usually causing you to have excess gas and sometimes explosive diarrhea episodes. For me this can go om for 2-4 hours. I have very frequency and urgency to move my bowels even though there is nothing left in my colon except for water along with the very painful colon spasms. It's better to eat smaller meals more frequently and concentrate on fresh fruits vegetables and whole grains.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
Gugulimo (10-10-2012)