View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Any possibility of being lupus?

Hi, Dawn. I think when people present with a wide variety of symptoms & problems, that it makes sense to look for a "single bullet theory". (That's the phrase used by one of my drs.) People can have multiple autoimmunes, say thryoid + lupus + diabetes, but that doesn't mean that all do, fortunately.

Have you read the "sticky posts" = permanent info posts at the top of the thread list? These have basic info on lupus & are an excellent place to start.

Meds can cause problems in certain people. There's even a "subset" of lupus called DILE = drug-induced lupus. Unlike SLE, the systemic form, DILE tends to resolve when the offending drug(s) is/are discontinued. You mention 18 meds---gee, that's a lot, with the odds of "simple" drug interaction pretty high, or so I'd bet? (BTW, various psych meds have been implicated in DILE.)

Is your doctor a rheumatologist? That's whom I'd want to do the evaluation for lupus. I'd also want a med review, ASAP. I'm really sorry you're having all these issues & hope you drop updates soon... or just post when the mood strikes, even if you don't have updates! Sending my best wishes, hugs, Vee