View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: not sure if this is ocd (lip obsession) please read!! :/

Hello, and welcome to the HealthBoards. We are glad you are here and hopefully we can help you.

The fact that you are in therapy is great, at least you have someone available to speak to about your concerns, old and new.

If you do not feel comfortable speaking to your current therapist, it is good that you have a new one lined up. I encourage you to tell your therapist everything you can about this, and any other concerns you have, as he/she is trained to help you through this. You certainly do not want to isolate yourself any further, and getting a handle on these bahaviors sooner rather than later is always best. There is absolutely no reason to feel badly or ashamed about any of this, we all find different ways to cope with our stress, and when those ways do not help us, we need help to change them to more healthy and easy things that do not interfere with our lives.

Rather than try and label your condition, I would address it head on and ask your therapist for help with this new tic, for lack of a better word. I imagine you will feel much better when you have someone on your side helping you with this.

Best to you and keep posting!

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
TrainOfThought (10-12-2012)