View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Really overwhelmed - inconclusive but "suspicious of malignancy"

Oh yeah, I would definitely push the surgeon to take out as much as safely possible, because if something grows that large on one side, it can do it on the other side as well in the future.

This might not be cancer, sometimes these things grow on thyroids and just grow out of control and have to be removed. I had thyroid cancer almost 8 years ago, and my surgery was pretty easy, and then I had to do RAI because of the size and invasion of my tumor into the muscle in front of it. RAI is taking a pill to destroy any remnant thyroid tissue in your body to avoid a recurrence.

I hope you find a really great surgeon that does many thyroid surgeries each week.

You will be fine, even if it were cancer, it's usually curable and easily treatable, not at all like other cancers.

Take it one step at a time, don't get ahead of yourself, ---you will be fine, this is no killer. Keep us posted!

The following user gives a hug of support to Reece:
winnie451 (10-12-2012)