View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Getting scared again!!! :/

First of all, as we told you last time, the Copaxone hasnt even begun to start to work yet....1.5 months on it, is like he started it yesterday- it will take 6 full months on it before you will know if its working.

Secondly, a second relapse means nothing...especially since he just started treatment. How many Lesions does he have and where are they? I have over 80 lesions, all on my brain and brainstem- and I work fulltime, go to school fulltime and manage a household with kids. Number of attacks and lesions means very little.

Most importantly, and I think we covered this too- youre making yourself sick with all the reading you are doing and worrying you are doing. You will wind up losing your husband and your mind if you dont reel yourself in and realize that MS is not a life threatening disease....he will lead a very normal, very happy life, if you accept this - and allow the doctors to make decisions on protocol. Youre supposed to be supporting your husband- not having your own anxiety attack for him to deal with on top of all he is learning to cope with.

Give him some slack. MS is not life threatening- and nothing has to change at all- but he just started the drugs...give them some time to find out if they will keep his disease under control. What other choice do you really have? There are many other drugs out there to choose from, if after 6 months and his next MRI, things are still showing up....but chances are, the drug will start to work and he will be stable. Have faith, okay??

Try to calm yourself....maybe talk to YOUR doctor about taking something for the anxiety that this is causing you. Youre absolutely no good to anyone, including yourself, in this state of mind. Treat your husband exactly like you always did...and let life unfold. You are worrying about things that havent happened - and more than likely wont happen. As for the dreams you are having, thats YOUR ANXIETY TALKING. The MRIs which your husband has had have proven he has MS.....just like most of us. We are all okay...he will be too...just try to take a deep breath and get yourself under control before your stress multiplies his problems. No one wants to live with a hysterical spouse...he needs you to be calm and supportive at this time. If it will make you feel better, get a second opinion- but the tests and his symptoms are pointing towards MS.....which is actually a whole lot better than 100 other diagnosis's he could have.

Try to realax. I realize you are scared, but you HAVE to take care of yourself, otherewise you will not be there for him when he has bad days...and we all have them. It doesnt mean we cant lead productive and happy and lengthy lives...ok?

Hang tough.
Nikki