View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
(female)

Gabriella777 HB UserGabriella777 HB User
Re: lab results, but still have symptoms :(

Hello Fresno,
I am a newbie to this site as well. When I read your comments you sound so much like me. Just wanted to share with you, I was diagnosed quite some time ago with Hashimoto's....I too thought "it will go away on it's own" ...or I listened to uninformed doctors who told me to "just watch it". There were times when I tried to treat it with nutrition and vitamins. I lived with all the same symptoms you describe, sadly I learned the fine art of suffering. I suffer I did. What I regret is not taking it seriously and not educating myself as to what could happen if I just magically thought it would go away. It did not go away and the symptoms did get worse. This disease now has my full attention and want to learn what are the options for feeling better. It would be nice in life if we could learn from another's suffering....I am an example for what you describe...you state your symptoms "are not so severe"....but those symptoms sure can make life uncomfortable. I know, I lived it. I no longer think this thyroid disorder will "go away". Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it validated my experience. I wish you wisdom concerning this disease and a quality of life that improves with the new found knowledge regarding the thyroid!