View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
242/127... close call

Night before last I noticed the strangest feeling of anxiety of sorts, and as yesterday wore on, I knew something was wrong. I was clammy, and chilled, my legs were weak, and I had a blazing headache. When I took my BP, my machine kept returning and error code, which made me realize my BP was too high to read. I had my son take me to the fire station around the corner from my home to get checked on their machine.

Sure enough, my reading there was 242/127, and they started and IV, and called an ambulance. With a history of 4 strokes already, I knew I was on the verge. I made a point to keep talking to the EMT's who were watching closely for any signs of stroke happening before we could get to the hospital.

Thank goodness, I was in time, and within a few hours my BP was back within the safe range, and I was on my way home to recover further. The only lasting effect is this headache, and the knowledge that I escaped another stroke.

The culprit this time was a small change in my medication, which took me a few weeks to build into this hypertensive crisis. Whew! Am I lucky to have gotten the help I needed when I did. The moral of this story is to always to listen to your body and take action when needed. Blessings to all.