View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Surgery set for 10/18/12: Peroneal Tendon Subluxation, Debridement

Hi! Definitely get a knee walker! Sometimes the doctor's office will have them to loan out. Mine did but I found out about that only after I had gotten mine. I had your surgery (minus the bone excisions-but I had the Brostrom-Gould, the peroneal tendon tear repair and the fibular groove deepening for subluxation this past Feb. I'm surprised you are going to be allowed to weight bear after 2 weeks. The standard NWB is 6 weeks and in my little group of us who went through this in Feb, one of us was given 2 wks NWB. The rest were 6-8 wks. The girl who was only given 2 weeks wound up taking 6-8 weeks before she could walk. Not trying to scare you at all, just a heads up caution so you don't get discouraged if you aren't able to weight bear at 2wks. The amount of work you are having done is a lot and involves bone breaking/drilling. This makes recovery longer and is more painful (but easily controlled with meds). So also just a heads up warning for work too. Might want to let them know it might be longer than 2 wks. Looks like you've done a great job of getting prepared though! Good luck and let us know when you're able about how surgery went and if you have any questions, ask ask ask!! That's what we're here for because there's a lot of us who've just had your surgery!