View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
(female)

LabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB User
Re: Surgery set for 10/18/12: Peroneal Tendon Subluxation, Debridement

Yikes! 6-8 weeks before walking? I appreciate the heads up. I hope it's not that long, but it's good to know it's a possibility. My doc said 2 weeks NWB post surgery, then 6 more weeks PWB on crutches as tolerated. I guess I'll see how it actually goes.

I have one set of crutches from Goodwill at home now, and will get another pair as well as the knee walker in a couple of days. My surgery is this Thursday (today being Sunday). I'm looking to buy a chair recliner today, too. I want to have a comfortable place to recup. I hope I'm not stuck in my bed for too long. No TV in my bedroom. I pulled out an old crochet project from 10 yrs ago. Now I have to see if I can remember what I was doing! (and how to do it!).

The doc's office called Friday to confirm my time. I'm set for Thurs Oct 18 at 9:45am. It's outpatient. They told me to stop taking any aspirin & aleve and several other Rx drugs. Also, stop taking any fish oil, flax seed oil, herbal supplements & Vit E. Oh boy. I take pain meds for fibro and for the ankle pain. I'm concerned that I'm going to go through some withdrawal, not to mention more pain. I am cutting down over the weekend and will get further info on what I need to eliminate on Monday. (I just got the message from my hubby).

eeks, I'm getting scared.

The following user gives a hug of support to LabGimp:
ginger62 (10-14-2012)