View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

Neptune227 HB User
Going herbal- my very first post

I'd like to reduce my prescriptions and start taking herbal supplements for two of my ailments. There is so much information on the Internet that I don't know where to start! I am a 28 year old woman with type I bipolar disorder. I take lamictal as a maintenance mood stabilizer. I am not willing to go off of this medication.
I was recently prescribed buspar for generalized anxiety due to PTSD because I didn't want to rely on benzos. I don't think it's working very well. Does anyone know about a2x? I take alprazolam .25 when needed and that helps, but like I said, I don't want to rely on benzos. Do valerian root or passion flower work?
I also have a long history of joint pain due to instability and have had 4 shoulder surgeries with another one looming. NSAIDS don't work and I don't like narcotics but tramadol works extremely well for me. I have been considering topical capsaicin but I also like the idea of taking Cayenne orally because of it's other health benefits. is it safe to do both? Will I get pain relief from the oral supplement or conversely, will I get the other benefits if I just use the topical?
I'd also like to take a joint support supplement. I've heard good things about flexacil.

I know there are a lot of questions in this post but I'm very lost! If anyone out there knows about herbal supplements please reply! Thank you