View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Pain Below Sternum

WOW Lorac I feel for you a few month ago before changing PPI I had a trip to the our local emergency heart hospital because of two days worth of extreme burning smack dap in the middle of my chest jus to be given the standard protocol EKG blood work a few other things to rule out the heart once its ruled out seems like they loose interest after that but I was so desperate at the time. Have you tried Gaviscon? I always hav a bottle in the fridge the weird thing is different meds like Calcium Antacids (Tums®, Alka-2®, Titralac™, and Others) work and then other times they don't and you need Magnesium Antacids (Maalox®, Mylanta®, Riopan®, Gelusil®, Gaviscon. My grandmother recently told to try old school alka seltzer apparently she had issues with Gerds also found out that my grandfather has Gerds HH and Barrett's I was shocked IDK why I just was they provide no inside no help just said a ahh it won't kill you it just hurts I'm not dead yet I was OMG ok LOL

Are you having the burn or the chest pains sounds like use the burn when that happens I just load up on meds geezs I'm 40 I found on in my early 30 that I had heartburn and just a year ago that I had Barrett's and just a few months ago that I had a HH although they said a small one I have heard hat the surgey for a HH has a high return rate. I heard that Barrett's if treated will go away but not in most cases my doctor said most people have Barrett's by the time they are 30 to 40 depending on what part of the world you live in and will never know they have it this is my GI talking he's from England and seem to be very informed about it except the part of how to make it go away forever LOL anyways I'm sorry you are suffering I have tried except for the surgery everything on the market including supplements I would highly recommend calling you dr to change PPI I been on all of them maybe the body gets to use to them or something