View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User
Sciatic recovery and back pain

copy from another post that was not getting any responses, so I figured I put in the wrong forum. First post was 2months ago. So here is the follow up...

Well, I am getting some mobility back. I have been to see a pain mngt doctor and he put me on Methadone and I was allergic so now we are trying Morphine. It seems to be working. I was so scared to try either one but my pain levels were to the point I was desperate.

My question now is that even though I was immobile with my whole body my left leg the one that was in the most pain seems to have wasted away, my calve is almost 2inches smaller than the right and achy all the time I have been doing some stretches and trying to lift my leg but just can't lift it won't move from a seated position I cannot raise my left thigh/leg. my mind tells me to do it and I can feel the muscles tense up but no leverage, it wont budge.

I was wonderi.g if anyone has any suggestions. It has me very concerned that it might have some perm nerve damage. It has been two months since my massage that aggrevated my sciatica to this point but with no insurance I have been doing all I can. Remembering some old pt exercises, more massage, bone soup, medications, walking.

Shoulder spasms are horrible, arms go numb and hands dont work right, side pain still alive, but I have not had a Migraine in almost a month! great improvement there as well.

I can actually walk the whole store now, with only 1 to 2 hours of rest afterwards. great improvement from not being able to walk at all 2 months ago. any advice would be greatly welcome thanks for reading...

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain