View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User
Re: Sciatic recovery and back pain

[QUOTE=Calin;5073093]I can't tell from your post what you have been able to try beyond medication. It looks like you had a disectomy. Was that helpful? Have you had other concervative therapies, like injections? I can tell you that heat helps me a lot with pain. While I currently use a rice-filled heat pack that is microwavable, I have just purchased a therasage infared heating pad. I have read a lot about them and I'll let all know if it is helpful.[/QUOTE]

I have had several steroid injections as well as nerve root burning, which did help a bit and i plan on doing again as soon as insurance kicks in.... I have done two surgeries and three rounds of pt. I use a tense unit daily, which i love, but only works for the spot that I have it on and while I have it on. I have rice socks as well and love them. Heat seems to feel good in the moment but aggrevates in the long run. Ice helps and I use a mixture of rubbing alcool and water. I have not heard of the pads that you mentioned and I will look that up today thank you.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Last edited by sandiemas; 10-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.