View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
(male)

jacktwo HB User
Re: New. Chrons disease 6 years. Afraid of Colon Cancer.

get your doctor to prescribe you azathioprine. its an immunosuppresant drug (pills) that will stop your anti bodies attacking your bowels, which is basically what crohns is - your body thinks your bowels dont belong there, so they attack. thats how you get inflamation and pains and bleeding in the colon which shows in your pooh.

try that drug. with some people, that drug alone is not enough. theres another drug called infliximab (liquid drug injected via infusion machine into your blood - i have mine every 2 months. takes 1 hour) which you can take alone, or with azathioprine. this attaches itself to the inner walls or something of your bowels and effectively heals and stops inflamation and crohns pain attacks.

ive been on aza for over 1 year and now infliximab for just under a year. i have no pains, i am in remission. I have not had an attack for over a year. I can gain weight back easily and i dont get blood when poohing anymore, poohing myself in my sleep anymore, and no more liquid poohs. only big healthy long fat ones and easy to pop out.

these x2 drugs imo are the ONLY things you need to do to fix crohns for your lifetime. its a genetic disease that has no cure, so you are with it for life and thus must take these drugs for life. but these drugs are fine, they only fix and bring you back to the health u need to be. they dont damage in any other way for most people who have tried them.

go ahead and take this post on a print out to your consultant / doctor who is dealing with your case and get them to give you these x2 drugs. everyone with crohns in the UK gets these. if you are not in the UK and he / she says no. pack your bags and move to the UK for a crohns free life for free on the NHS, so long as you pay your tax and national insurance by doing a legit job - thanks!