View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
teteri66 teteri66 is offline
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,997
teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: What type of specialist?

I am sorry no one has responded to your post. It must be very hard to be living in a foreign country without much support, and then to have a collection of symptoms such as you have.

I think no one knew exactly what to suggest to you, so they didn't write anything at all. I wanted to at least acknowledge your post, although I am somewhat baffled by your issues. I normally hang out on the back board so I always try to relate symptoms to the spine...and it does sound like some of your issues could be related to a problem in the cervical spine. A disc bulge that causes some nerve compression can result in symptoms such as headache, and various neurological symptoms like dizziness, light headedness, etc. Also, tinging in arms, hands, etc. It can also result in pain below the waist if there is compression on the spinal cord. But it doesn't sound like you are in real pain -- more like a bunch of things that are troubling, annoying and somewhat painful.

It might be worth going to a neurologist as many of your symptoms seem to be neurological in origin...but it seems like things could also be caused by a hormonal imbalance. This is where a really good internist would come in handy but I don't know what that specialty would be in Italy.

I hope you will be able to get to the bottom of all this. Emotions can play a big roll in I wouldn't rule out that possibility either. Sounds like you are under a great deal of stress....can you go home to your family until you are feeling better, or is there a similar option so you aren't having to deal with all this alone?

Reply With Quote