Thread: My Stroke
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: My Stroke

I do so understand that intense desire to pretend that nothing happened, that we're the same, that nothing changed. Children and full-time work is a tough assignment no matter what. With the effects of a stroke, it is so much harder.

Maybe you could work fewer hours for a while, phasing back into full-time work. The effects of stroke are a back and forth matter with an overall movement toward improvement. Can you enlist more help at home? If work is pleasurable and satisfying it is worth managing to preserve it. If it is stressful that's another matter. So there are a number of considerations. You could analyze it on paper, a plus column and a minus column and see how that appears.

Life throws its curves at us, but we can bend. We need not break, won't break. And, as you know too, there is much gratitude for what stroke did not take from us. You are also setting a wonderful example for your children. That should make you feel so good. Maybe this can help some. We are here to read, to think, to feel, to share, to hope. Yes, hope is the shining light.