View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
(female)

pleasehelp11 HB User
Re: Entire family very bloated and gassy... please help

Thanks for the comments. As far as we know, there have been no changes in our eating/drinking habits. My suspicion is that one of us became infected by some mysterious virus or bacteria, and then spread it to the rest of us.

Sometimes I feel pressure or that churning feeling in the area between my belly button and bottom of rib cage. Would this be occurring in my stomach? Liver? Spleen? Gallbladder?

I'm so confused. My only symptom currently is feeling bloated and gassy, which isn't too bad physically, but is otherwise causing me a lot of stress and anxiety. It's silly, but this is causing me to feel social anxiety and to not want to be around other people in public. It wouldn't be a big deal if I were living alone in the woods, but for someone who's naturally self conscious, it's very difficult for me to head into work or to social events feeling this way every day.

I'm considering begging my doctor for antibiotics of some type. Both times I went to the doctor for tests, I was told it might be a virus which should subside in a week or two. I keep trying to explain that this has been going on for almost 4 weeks now, only to be sent on my merry way. Thanks again for the suggestions.