View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

Lucas634 HB User
Right Lower Abdominal pain

Hello, I have been experiencing lower right abdominal pain/discomfort for about 2 months. It is almost nil in the morning and then pain occurs at various times throughout the day/evening. At times the pain is just a aching discomfort. Other times it can be a bit sharp in nature. There is no tenderness upon touch. I have no other symptoms. I just had my annual visit with my ob/gyn who did a pap and internal exam telling me what I already knew for years. I have quite a bit of uterine fibroids. I also have heavy periods although recently they can be normal. I am 51 years old and believe I am beginning menopause. I have missed a period here and there, but no other symptoms. Back in January I was told my hemoglobin was very low and in August the doctor put me on B12 and iron. It has slowly been going up since then. I recently had a colonoscopy that was normal and the ob/gyn said nothing. I am not sure what the problem can be, I am scheduled for an internal sonogram to find the status of my fibroids. The area I am speaking of is very low in the right abdomin almost near the top of my right leg. Any insight to what could be the problem as I am concerned.