View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

NDmom HB User
Exclamation Unstable Angina?

Good day to everyone.
I have my stats recently done in my bio in case you want to see them.

My Drs aren't listening. They are saying I possibly have anxiety. But I have no stress. Honest. I'm a happy and content mom of 4. 2 live with me and they are wonderful.

I've had a heart-thing since HS (graduated in '87) that would be a blip only. A quick reminder a heart does pump and left me waiting about 8 beats until normalcy would return until several months later another would appear. No biggie. My mother said she had the same thing and it's as if the valve didn't close completely or it was closing on blood and therefore it'd feel tight or pinchy.... I went with it, mom said it long ago so I've learned to live with it.

Now at 42 and about 3 weeks ago, I was stopped at work due to a huge pain in my heart. I cannot explain it, other than to say it HURT. Understand my job is stress-free. I listen to wonderful music during the day and my co-workers and boss are wonderful! I love my job! Ok. So whatever occurred that Friday 3 weeks ago started my daily pain. It's every day. I've had 3 very big squeeze's or tightening or whatever. Other times, it's a dull constant ache tinged with pain that comes and goes. Does my heart beat faster? No. Does it seem like it pumps harder? Sometimes.. sometimes it seems like it's a bit slow. Then after about a week of that, a new thing developed. During a more painful-dull ache, if it can be said, pain shot down my left arm to my elbow, aching.. while that occurred, pain felt like it was traveling up my neck and into my left lower jaw. I just thought, well that's new. But I thought, it must go with the territory.

Again, I don't stress out. I simply deal with it or just let it go. If I cannot change the outcome then I let it go and do the best to get through it. I tell my kids the same thing. Why stress/worry over something you cannot change. Do your best to work through it and move on or ask for help. Simple. For me anyway.. it's how I deal with things.

A few more days after this new event, I noticed that my sternum was sore. Like it was bruised but towards the left. It would be that way for a couple days and go away, then come back. No biggie. Again, must come with the territory of chest pain.

Then my family started to get worried when I got pain in/behind/near?? my left shoulder blade. They told me to either go in to the ER or see my Dr. So I c***ed and tried to get the appt to which I was transferred to a Nurse who said I needed to goto the ER or the Walk-In. I goto the Walk-In after work and tell the Dr what's going on. He scolded me for not going to the ER. Did an EKG and ordered blood work. Everything came back normal. But hey, no chest pain for that hour or so.

Next day at work, pain. Pain that stopped me. I was exerting myself more than sitting at my desk (computer work... applications.. no biggie) by helping resolve a tiny issue with a coworker who had done something that would have gotten her in trouble if not corrected. It happens, no worry, we joked, and laughed but the pain was enough to almost drop me.. made me stutter and grab my chest.

She said, "Growing pains?" with a smile as she's been dealing with something similar.

So I tried the Drs office who still cannot get me in to be seen by my Dr, so I get some other guy.. OK.. whatever works. I felt patronized by him and his new Med-Dr-Intern. I was told I was having anxiety attacks.

What? No. I don't have stress. I'm your typical carefree grade-schooler in a 42 year old body. I was smiled at most of my appointment then appeased by giving me a chest xray and sent to my (now yesterdays appt) cardio-echo something-or-other.. stress test. I left feeling like I was being brushed off, what do I know. This is what they see and do every day.

Not in this body. Do I exercise? No. Apart from that, where do you classify my type of anxiety then? I've researched it on the net and I don't have the symptoms. I cannot even take some of the tests to see what my level is, because I'm not afraid of the world and this other stuff that I simply don't fit in.

I took my stress test yesterday, and just like when your car acts up for days, weeks.. you take it in and they hook her up and the mechanic comes back with.. I ran her good and she sounds good to me. You leave and not 2 hours later she stops dead on the side of the road. Well, that was me.

I now have pain that occurs and comes on presenting mild pain/discomfort that gets more intense until it feels like a cat is sitting on my chest. Not an elephant like they've asked.. just a bit of pressure. But what did they suggest during my procedure? "Have you been diagnosed or suggested as having anxiety?" And the nurse c***ed me 2 times today, "we cannot get you in to the Dr any sooner, but it sounds like anxiety".

Oh.. I forgot to mention. This past Friday, during an ache-filled pressure in my chest where I had to close my eyes and wait for it to pass with the kitty being slow to leave my chest, the pain that shot down my left arm and up my neck to my jaw, didn't stop there. It felt like someone was drawing a line to my head where it proceeded to a headache that lasted no more than 10min tops, and during this my lower left lip decided to melt. My version of droop. Well it was minor. But 4 hours later, walking around with what felt like a fat lip but wasn't and something on the verge of Sylvester Stalone's lip... only became more so on Sat. I DID look like a failed attempt at wax sculpture. My daughter would laugh at me because I would shrug and say, "eh, what do you do? Part of the process I guess. I'm slowly melting."

But Sunday, it fixed itself about 10pm. Monday, apart from chest pain.. no lip melting.. but Tuesday it came back. I drooped for about 5 minutes (give or take) and then it fixed itself.

1 nurse from the office said she was "worried.. re***y worried" yet the other states anxiety.

So, what is this? Cause I told my Dr and her anxiety nurse, I was done. I have a great sense of humor and will keep it up. At least I wont go broke in the meantime. Done because if it is anxiety, it must be a new classification. Bells Palsy maybe? Yeah, I've heard of that from friends and family who witness my 'meltdown' of a lip.

But why must Drs immediately state anxiety? Why patronize people who just want to know.. ok if it's this, what to expect next? If it's unstable angina (as it happens at rest for me, remember I don't exercise, and according to Mayo Clinic and the American Heart Association, you can present unstable without being stable first) does this mean, I need to have a living will made up?

I'm pretty cool about it. Just don't diagnose me with this crap that it's anxiety without doing any kind of dye related procedure to see if it is a narrowing of vessels somewhere.

Sorry for my novel.. but it's a bit to get across.
Maybe I could right a book?! LOL I'm cool either way. To each man is prescribed a time to live and to die. I'd just prefer to have the no pain in your sleep version.

Anyone know what's going on? Angina? Unstable? Heart issue at ***? Anything?

NDmom

Last edited by NDmom; 10-25-2012 at 05:32 AM.