View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
(male)

tony446 HB User
Feel very guilty about spanking my 6 year old daugther.

Hello everybody. I have 3 children 1 boy who is 9 and 2 girls 12 years and 6 years old. Now i have always gave my oldest 2 spankings if they were very bad up to maybe the age of 5. After that they really gave me no problems and never deserved a spanking. But my 6 year old on the other hand i never really spanked her at all because she was our baby girl and as i grew older i felt different about spanking. But tonight she was so bad. She threw a book at my wife and yelled at us when we told her she was on timeouot. She would not stay put for timeout. She screamed and refused to listen. I tryed getting loud with her but she did not back down Finally after about 1 hour of her attitude i decided it was time to give her a spanking. So i picked her up and took her to the couch bended her over my lap and gave her 3 hard swats with my hand. Of course she cried and was very suprised i did it. After it was over she cried quietly for a minute but about 10minutes later she was very calm and started behaving again. But for me deep inside i feel terrible for having to spank her. I should not have to spank her. My wife has no control over her. She will disrespect my wife in public at home. She talks tomy wife very bad. I really dont know what to do. I did not have this problemw ith my other kids. Time out does not work. Taking things away will not work because she will throw a fit and not stop till she gets her way. Am i a bad dad for spanking her like i did tonight. I feel wrong for doing it . Before bed i told her i was sorry for spanking her but she was very bad and left me no choice.

The following user gives a hug of support to tony446:
Rett8332 (12-15-2012)