Thread: So tired
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: So tired

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly but yes what you're currently dealing with and the fatigue is normal, although it might feel like it never will get better it will. thyroid hormone is really what keeps our engine up and running (or in our case the lack thereof), it regulates the whole metabolism from every organ, cell, you name it. anyway yes when hypo I always crash around the same hour too (when I more hypo I crash the whole day). once your levels are better, that will improve.
At this point nothing more can be done, seems like so far your doctor is doing a good job with the meds titrating process, TSH alone does not give enough information but it also might take longer to drop, so as far as Iunderstand October 2 you got an increase of 12 mcg (till 137) and that seemed like a good move imo( since your FT4 already came up and TSH might take long ).
so now it will need its time to build up in the blood, retesting and go from there.

What you're experiencing is normal. the meds titrating process does take time but how much exactly is a very individual thing. 6 months till a year (or longer) is not uncommon. if need be you might want to ask your doctor to have FT3 tested too to see where that is compared to FT4.

hang in there